Use your menu to be reflective of the rest of the wedding theme. Keep your guests happy and warm as they attend your winter wedding with these mouth-watering appetizers.
Top appetizers to feature on the winter wedding menu
The most important rule when it comes to deciding your menu for a winter wedding is that the food should be warm to beat the cold. Whatever you serve should be decided keeping the weather in mind.
- Stuffed mushrooms – Mushrooms are a classic and a favorite . Effortless and easy to make, people love this appetizer, even more in winters .They can even be made a day in advance before you serve them, perfect for a wedding. As someone rightly said, they are tasty without being overwhelming.
- Twice baked baby potato – These are delicious and so easy to pop into the mouth. Perfect appetizer to serve as a contrast to the cold weather outside. They are also easily available during winters when a lot of other vegetables might not be so. Everybody loves potatoes!
- Deep fried mac and cheesebites – People love mac and cheesebites! They are without a doubt, everyone’s favorite childhood snack. You can never go wrong with this simple but sumptuous dish.
- Egg rolls – Serve them fresh and warm from the oven. Your guests will be smacking their lips.
- Vegetable Fritters – Pick seasonal vegetables for this appetizer. Let it be an assortment of various vegetables instead of one particular item. Accompany with dips or hot chutney.
- Rolled sausage puffs with mustard– Pigs in a blanket are a favorite, especially so in winters. Many wedding parties insist on having this delicious finger-food, some even claiming that no black-tie cocktail hour is perfect without this comfort food. Some rather complain that guests gobble up this snack really fast and they keep extras in hand!
- Jalapeno-cheddar frittatas – This low-carb starter is delicious and what more, they can be made a day in advance and simply heated and served the next day. There are many recipes you can try out to add a twist to the original recipe , like adding a fun seasoning.
- Soups and salads – Hot soups are a must and a perfect choice to keep anyone warm in the cold of a winter wedding. Amongst the ones which are currently trending are butternut squash with pumpernickel croutons and potato-leek with amaretto crème fraiche .