What you serve on your wedding menu is more important than everything else, for guests are going to remember it for a long time. Here are the top wedding appetizers trending this year.
1. Shrimp: You can offer shrimp on ice with cocktail sauce, beer battered shrimp, shrimp spring rolls and more. Shrimp is a very popular main ingredient in appetizers for wedding reception platters. Recent and top wedding appetizers trends nowadays include seared scallops, lobster ravioli, shrimp scampi and what not. Guests love them!
2. Mini-quiches – If you are having a brunch wedding reception, consider adding mini-quiches. They go well with both the breakfast and lunch theme and guests will be smacking their lips after they are done with and asking for more as well.
3. Mini sandwiches – The appetizers for a wedding reception just wouldn’t seem complete without cocktail sandwiches. There is a variety of sandwich recipes to choose from. The mini-sandwiches make for a filling and many times economical snack to offer your guests. They are also lip-smacking delicious.
4. Veggie platters – Vegetarians need their share too right? You can go beyond a veggie tray with your appetizers for wedding reception for veggie lovers, there are sure to be many. Antipasto platters are a jazz above a conventional veggie platter.
5. Stuffed dates – Warm goat cheese stuffed dates are a favorite of those who love cheese. You will need something sweet to serve on your menu. Plus they guests , especially vegetarians are going to love them.
6. Sushi – Sushi is always a pleasant addition to your wedding appetizer list. Sushi can also please any guests who keep kosher. Your guests will be impressed with the cuisine as well as with the taste. Do remember to specify with your caterer that the sushi must be prepared with a kosher knife.
7. Sweets for your guests – Candy bars at wedding receptions, why not? Add a personal touch by having custom made wrappers with your names and wedding date on them. It will make such a nice presentation.
8. Pizzas – There is no age or occasion for pizzas! Mini-pizzas are a instant hit for children who will be invited to the wedding. The same can be said of adults. Everybody likes their pizza. Serve it piping hot with the cheese melting atop and between.
9. Bruschettas – Bruschetta is a favorite as a wedding reception appetizer. It is easy to make and cost-effective and economical. It will also lend a classy touch to your appetizer selection, it is Italian, after all.
10. Cheese and crackers – Besides everything else, assorted cheeses and crackers are a standard appetizer to offer your guests.